Appliance repairs Gold Coast service Blanco ovens, cooktops and dishwashers. More information on this page soon.
There are some simple procedures you can follow to help avoid costly breakdowns and repairs. Some of the washing machine tips may seem like common sense but mistakes happen more often than you may think.
- Place items like bras, small socks, handkerchiefs and delicate items in a laundry bag this will help prevent them getting jammed between the bowls or in the pump.
- Check pockets for bobby pins, rivets, screws and coins, all these items can cause serious damage to the machine and potentially write it off.
- Many people believe that the more soaps and detergents they use the cleaner their clothes will be. The opposite is true, excess softeners and soaps cause a huge sludge and build up in the machine, as this dries out it causes black and brown flakes which can stain the clothes. A general rule of thumb is that you can use half to two thirds of what the packet recommends.
- Always check your user manual for the correct settings before placing a service call.
- Never connect a smaller diameter hose, such as a garden hose, to the outlet hose to water the garden. The pumps are not designed to handle this load and it may also cause damage to the computer boards.
More tips will be coming.
Hoover was one of the leading brands of washing machines, clothes dryers and fridges in the 1980’s and 1990’s. However since Electrolux purchased the company they have gradually phased out the brand.
Hoover was well known for building sturdy appliances, in fact one of their slogans was “Built to a standard not a price”. Some of our clients washing machines and fridges are 20 and 30 years plus in age, and they are happy to have them serviced because these machines have given them such reliability.
Often the bodies of the Hoover appliances will rust away before the appliance is mechanically not worth repair, especially in salty environments like the Gold Coast.
If you need help with your Hoover appliance call or email us and one of our friendly staff will be on hand to guide you.
Call now on (07) 55005744 for a Gold Coast technician
If you are need an appliance spare parts we carry a large range of common spare parts for leading brands of appliances such as –
- Fisher & Paykel
Some of the most frequently requested parts are clothes dryer fan belts and oven elements. These parts can be sent to you or if you live on the Gold Coast you can collect it from the workshop.
Dishwashers are probably one of the most used and abused appliances there is, yet for the amount of abuse they receive they stand up quite well. Most dishwashers will last between 10 and 20 years if they are treated correctly.
Clean plates – dishes do not have to be spotless before you put them in the dishwasher but on the flip side they can not “eat” everything. Scrape large food particles into the rubbish bin and a quick rinse under the tap is more than enough before they are placed in the dishwasher.
What causes problems is when things like cigarette butts, bread ties, rubber bands, peas, corn, plastic wrappers/bags, etc,etc,etc… Yes, believe it or not all these things have been found caught in dishwashers. What is worse is we have seen dishwashers thrown out because these items have been in the motors or spray arms. Owners think that is a rotten dishwasher when it is actually a user fault.
If foreign objects do end up in the dishwasher clean the filters first. The filters don’t catch everything, sometimes items like nuts, pips and seeds get past the filter (especially if the filter has not been seated correctly) and end up in the spray arms blocking the jets. This causes poor wash results. A dishwasher cleaner will not correct this problem, the spray arms will need to be removed and cleaned out.
Dishwasher cleaners help to remove limescale and fat deposits which make the dishwasher more hygienic and run more efficiently.